Two rivers, no gold, but silver specks...

Today, I got up really early because I wanted to pan for gold in another river near where I live. I therefore drove to a place where the river meets with the other river (where I had no luck apart from many garnets). This "new" river is said to have quite a bit of gold and people have panned it in former times. This is, what it looked like: on the right, you see the river where I have tried it before, on the left is today's river.



I put my gear down near some big stones, which stuck out of the water and dug behind them, where I had seen some big gravels under the rocks and in the crevices. Alas, there was no gold in my first pan, but it was literally full with garnets - my collection of these is growing fast. Also further panning brought no success gold-wise and after about 1,5 hours, (with icy hands and an achy back) I accidentally poured freezing cold water over my pants and had to pack up and take the next bus home to warm up again. I did, however, find silvery, shiny stones. No idea, what this is, but I hope, next time I find gold instead. I must admit, I was a little disappointed to find nothing again...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten